Friday, December 5, 2008

Run away- take two

Today we are finishing up our mini unit on the GingerBread Man. During Circle Time we retold the story and each of us got a pepperidge farm gingerbread man. I asked the kids to take one bite. We made a graph of " what body part they took the first bite of." We graphed the head, the arms or the legs. You can see our completed graph. TEN children ( and myself) bit the head first. TWO children ate an arm and FOUR children munched on a leg. YUM...
Then we made gingerbread. As it cooked the smell was yummy. The boys didnt actually get to cook it. The girls batch made enough for everyone and well.. I didnt want to be chasing those gingerbread men all weekend long!


One of my favorite things to do is listen to the children retell stories that I have told them. Elliot is our master story teller ! Here he is at it again! ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment