Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too Cold for Outdoor Learning!

Today the wind chill was 1 degrees. It was too cold to go outside. Some of the fun things we did inside were:

We read Polar Bear Polar Bear, What do you hear?

After reading that we made polar bear puppets. The children practiced their cutting skills and then we used the bears to practice our " position" words. The Polar Bear is UNDER the table, beside my chair, on top of my head...etc...

I remembered that I had a little movie ( 30 minutes) called " The Last Polar Bear". We watched that. The kids were excited that we saw penguins which we talked about on Monday.

One of our new challenges with the weather is to figure out 9 gross motor activities that I can put in a rainy day box for bad weather days. Examples would be hop scotch, bean bag toss.. if you have idea, shoot them to me! I can use all the help I can get.

Inside days tends to bring out the worst behavior in the kids and... probably me .. too. Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest .

Randy will be back tonight. I have a training from 5:30 - 8:30 but hopefully he will be here when I get home.

Have a great night everyone...

2 comments:

  1. I hope Adam was okay. He hasnt been sleeping well lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest .

    I have really noticed since our Christmas break that both my kids don't do so hot on 1 hour naps. They both need more sleep! But what can you do, that's how it is at preschool. We do put them to bed early (8ish) but still, the daytime nap is what seems to make the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete