Thursday, October 15, 2009

A mommy visitor today!

Today we had a normal day. Two of the different activities I set out today was the moon sand ( one of the favorites ) and orange finger paint. We had several pumpkins painted today!

Anna' s mom came to visit. Moms ( or dads ) are welcome to come play between 9:00 - 10:30. This is during our center time. It gives our visitors a chance to see what goes on during that time, to see how much the kids are enjoying what they do and time to chat a little with Randy and I on a less formal basis. Anna's mom is an artist and she said she loved to see " the different ways that kids use the same thing." I loved that observation. Kids are kinda' like that old saying " one mans junk is another mans treasure. " We all look at things differently. Ellen also commented about how calm the kids/ room felt. I know ! I LOVE this about these kiddos this year. Thanks Ellen for coming to visit.


1 comment:

  1. I loved it! I hope to do it more. I also like being able to see Anna in the school setting (although she might have been different because "Mommy" was there.)

    ReplyDelete