Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break is Over




Today is the last day of Spring Break ! I wanted to share some of my vacation with you all. Randy and I left out Saturday ( a day early to beat the 12 inches of snow expected ) and headed for DeValls Bluff , Arkansas. DeValls Bluff is where my mom's family lives. The plan was for her to visit with them while Randy and I vacationed. To know that mom was happy and being taken care of made me leaving SO much easier.

After dropping mom off we basically just started driving. The first night we spent in Memphis on Beale Street and then we headed for New Orleans Louisianna. We had a great time. I did no work... no work. For me, that is unusual. I have a hard time shutting my "preschool teacher brain" off at times. Randy and I had so much fun. We stayed at a wonderful hotel and spent the week making memories. We ate at all the hot spots like Cafe Demonde, Emeril's Place, Bubba Gump's and Margarittaville. We heard music everywhere we went. I had never been to New Orleans so it was a real treat. I want to plan another trip . As I looked at my pictures, I realized why I might have enjoyed it so much. It has a kid- like carnival atmosphere ( if you dont walk TOO far down bourbon street..) You can take the teachers out of kiddie world , but you cant take the kiddie world out of a teacher.
Randy having fun with a Mardi Gras mask.

This was ONE of the silver men on the street. We also saw gold men.. very interesting.
She- or he ( not sure ) was one of my favorite street performers.

Our fancy dinner at Emerils.

Our hotel - Le Pavillon From 9 - 10 each night they had a peanut butter and jelly snack laid out in the foyer on silver trays with the most delicious hot chocolate ever in a silver urn. FANCY snack but made us feel right at home.

Perfect Spring Break...

No comments:

Post a Comment