Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday!

Today we reviewed what we have learned this week about " people that keep us safe." We talked about Stop , Drop and Roll, Stay Low and Go, how to touch our door to see if it is hot if we smell smoke, and this nice officer below stopped by to remind us not to talk to strangers. Kids are so funny. They LOVE puppets. I KNOW they see my mouth moving. I am a horrible puppeteer but they still look at and talk to them ( the puppets ) like they are real! Puppets can often say things that I cant say or that dont seem to be sinking in any other way.


Peter , Peter Pumpkin Eater
Had a wife and couldnt keep her
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well .

So...we made the house today from a real pumpkin !


Later in the morning we made traffic signs from one side of a hot dog bun, a slice of pepperoni, a round of cheese and a pickle. Before eating our " traffic " light we talked about top , bottom, 1st, 2nd and third, and first and last. Anissa, Williams sister came to help us with our cooking activity today. Thanks Anissa !


Snack this afternoon are my FAVORITE of all times.. cookies. I had them at a meeting last night and had to drive all the way home with them in the back seat. About half way here, I was thinking I should have put them in the trunk. So, needless to say, I am feeding them to the kids this afternoon so I can GET THEM OUT OF MY KITCHEN! :) And... toasted pumpkin seeds from our very own " Peter's House".



And your Friday Flicks!

We did learn after this next video when we are rolling to cover our eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment