Friday, March 4, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham

Normally I do ONE day on Dr. Suess. SHOOT me.. he isnt my favorite author for three and four year old children. Not only are the a LOT of words but a LOT of pages. I did a week this year and for the most part was able to keep the kiddos attention while reading.

Forgive the lack of a blog yesterday. I had an early morning doctors appointment, a training on delegation all afternoon, cooked dinner for 6 women at my home that were headed to the same meeting I was at 6:30 pm. I felt like I ran all day yesterday.

Jodie did have fun with the kids though . She read " One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish " and did a little craft with them using blue paper plates. They also read " Oh The Thinks you can Think." Then together they thought... and wrote this little story below together as a group.


Today we used blue hair spray to make us all look like Thing One and Thing Two.



I was worried about it coming out but a lot of it has already lightened to the point of not being able to see it.

Today we read "Green Eggs and Ham" in small group. Together we made a list of other foods that are green.

One of my favorite times is seeing children that don't normally play together a lot enjoying doing something together.

And then it was time to cook some green eggs and ham.




Whoops.... unscheduled fire alarm while cooking.. :)



After nap time we will read Dr Suess' ABC book and eat these cool ABC cookies I picked up at the Dollar Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment