Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lunch Time Conversations

Lunch Table Conversation.

R- When I grow up I want to be a policewoman
D- Why do you want to be a policewoman?
R-  Cause I want to
E- I wanna be BatMan
R- He isnt real
E He is.... my costume turns me into him
R  Be quiet, this is a true story
E  I want to be an evil sceintist
R-  My mom saw a burgular
E What did he do?
R He stole all our stuff  my hair spray and my hair  brush
E Did you call the police
A I have a true story too  . One time a burgular tried to go through my grandmas window
E What happened how did she know.. did it  go ( sound effect ) with a stick
A No.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to the kids have conversations.  Lunch time is my favorite.  One of our indicators of quality is creating conversations at lunch.

If that is true.. then why are they told not to talk  at the table  when they get to kindergarten? Does conversation become less important at  5 and 6?

Debbie is not a lover of conversation stop lights...  :)  

I started doing end of the year assessments on the kiddos.  It is so much fun to see how much they have all improved !



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, two of E's very most favorite things: burglars and superheros!! He did dress up like batman tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete