Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter starts with W


WE WERE ABLE TO RUN OUR REGULAR SCHEDULE TODAY WITH ONE HOUR OUTDOOR PLAY FOR EACH GROUP! YAYAYAYYA!~ I can't tell you how much easier that makes our day.

We made WINTER trees today. It have us the opportunity to remember what the trees looked like in the summer when we came to school. Then discuss what happened to them in the fall and how they look now - in the winter.

We brainstormed words that begin with W. How many can you think of?

I placed a basket of " winter wear" on the table today. I didnt say what to do with them or evne explain. One by one I watched the kids come by and explore them. They would take them out and match them. One of the kids said " Ms Debbie can we wear these outside?" Kynley preplied " NO! These are for sorting!" ( I think she may be a teacher when she grows up.) The kids really enjoyed the hats, gloves , mittens and scarves. In the pictures you can see they wore them all around the room.





While doing a puzzle Bianca turned around and said " OH! Ms. Debbie! Is your daddy still in the hospital?" I took a seep breath and explained that he wasnt and that he was in heaven." Geneviette who was sitting next to her said " with Baby Jesus." I was so proud of her care and concern for me and my dad. Also proud of myself that I held it together.









NO.. I didnt put the tape on Clara's mouth. She did that herself in the art center.



It was a great day. There are six more parent conferences tonight. " I think I can I think I can I think I can...."



1 comment: