Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two inspections ? Really ?

What a day. It started out SO wonderful. There was a nice breeze blowing and the kids were all in our " happy place." Then..... I look at the door and there is my ABC ( Arkansas Better Chance ) coordinator. He is such a laid back nice guy but he is here to pick apart my weakness - paperwork. Why can't I just do what I am good at and forget the rest ? I know... it all works together and someone has to tend to the business end but if you really... really understood how much of it I have, you would feel my pain. Yes, I am off most holidays, off at 3 pm and all summer. Ok.. that does make up for it, I will stop whining.

Luckily I had Jodie come in today to work with me so that Randy could finish painting the upstairs bathroom. As it turned out, he helped Jodie while I shuffled paper and answered questions.

For the most part I am very pro child- centered teaching. I am not a "worksheet teacher" and feel kids learn the best hands on. But.. ever once in a while a child or combination of children seem to miss what I am trying to teach and to be totally honest, it is usually boys. They are so into wrestling, cars and trucks and more aggressive forms of play, that they dont slow down long enough to play a counting game I have provided . I decided this week that I need to be a little more proactive with teaching my boys that are headed to kindergarten. I do still want to do this in a way that they will enjoy it and be engaged. So, one thing we are doing is these letter mats that have a road on them. Thanks to a kindergarten teachers reminder about the www.makinglearningfun.com website and these road alphabets ; today we met in the middle. They drove their cars on the A's. We wore cool glasses while we had fun writing an A.



HA! I am not sure when this picture was take or what they are doing, but it cracks me up.

We played a math game today with the dice.

In celebration of veterans day we have patriotic stuff everywhere!

In the midst of the chaos we even had a wedding.


And just when I thought it couldnt get any better another inspector showed up with the USDA food program to make sure I was feeding the little munchkins right and .... the paperwork.

All in days work.

I need a cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment