Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Teddy Bear Picnic

Today was such a fun day! We had a Teddy Bear picnic ! At 7:45 all the little bears came piling in with their kids in tow.


There were bears everywhere - on floors, in cubbies ...



We read the book " Corduroy." It is the story of a bear in a shop that loses his button and no one wants him. Finally , a little girl take him home. I have a collection of buttons. One of my fondest memories as a little girl is playing with my moms tin of buttons. Today I shared that story with the kids an shared my buttons. We put them on the table and really looked at all of them. We sorted them by shape and color and by size. I was even able to show the kids certain buttons that I remember from my clothes as a child.





After all that math we needed to get up and move around and have some fun . I had hid a button. So, we went on a search for Corduroys missing button.

We made pendants getting ready for our picnic !



We played toss the bear in the honey pot !

One of these bears is not like the other....


We even sorted our bears - small , large and dark and light.

We played the " hokey pokey" with our bears using words like BEHIND our backs.

We went outside with our bears and played teddy bear tag.


And then it was time for our teddy bear picnic !





Even the teddy bears lined up to go to the restroom.


Nap time ! Let's hibernate !





After nap ( which FYI moms and dad's was late ) we will eat teddy grahams.

No comments:

Post a Comment