Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mrs. Wishy Washy


The kids love the story of Mrs. Wishy Washy. I told them yesterday to expect a special visitor. Little did they know it would be me, disguised as Mrs. Wishy Washy. Getting ready this morning was interesting. I mean, this is the cutest bib apron but why make the bib so small and make me feel like a cow in it . I am exploding all over it.... :) Oh well. I also took our several other scarves before I decided on the bandana cloth one. I tried a leopard print one and a bright orange one. Those are more my style but somehow did not suit Mrs Wishy Washy. I feel a little crazy but the kids loved it. I had one little girl tell me I looked like a princess today and another say "Mrs. Debbie, you are so beautiful!" So, it was all worth it.


There is one part in the book where the animals run into a restaurant and the cook yells at them and says " You will be come roast beef on toast!" The pictures showed the animals eyes very large - the boys reenacted this for me !




On of the games we played today was a clank can from the Learning is Fun Website. The tins have pictures of objects on them. We decided if they started with the W sound and if so they clanked the tile in the can. After we were finished we lined them up to see if we had more objects that started with the letter W or less. We had MORE!




We watched a 2 minute video of a little girl reading Mrs. Wishy Washy.


We made stick puppets of Mrs. Wishy Washy. Ask your child to retell the story to you at home.

We started making clean mud. It took a little longer than I thought and we didnt get finished.

G and Rosanna helped me color some of my teaching aids today. :)



Last but not least ! Kimber brought a caterpillar in a cocoon to school today. I was more excited than the kids. He found the caterpillar outside and brought it inside to his mom. last night they found this! YAY! Love it ! Kimber loved sharing his discovery !

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you make a very lovely Mrs. Wishy Washy!

    ReplyDelete